Remote Sensing Analyst |
ENG | 32-40 hours a week | ON HOLD
Are you a proactive engineer with a curious mind? Do you have knowledge of optical and SAR remote sensing techniques using commercial or open source remote sensing and GIS software tools? Then this position is for you!
In our team you will work at the forefront of Earth Observation projects with a focus on technical implementation and on relevant research and development. The projects mainly fall in two areas of agriculture and urban, focusing on food security and infrastructure management.
At this position you can grow into EO project leader and will assist us with future project acquisition and account management. If that is not your niche, we will make sure you grow technically and scientifically, and develop your expertise further.
- Creating a variety of digital products and services derived from remote sensing data;
- Understanding of data requirements for different thematic applications and ability to build automated image analysis processing chains;
- Rapid prototyping, processing of new images to test and evaluate algorithms;
- Having an overview and evaluating available tools such as DIAS, Sentinel HUB, AWS, GEE, and open software;
- Contributing to the design of future projects and applications for funding by providing expert input.
- Master’s degree (MSc, WO) in Remote Sensing or similar related Geoscience technical discipline from a recognized university;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ proven experience in the field of Earth Observation analytics with both optical and SAR images and operational product generation;
- Strong coding skills (e.g. Python, MATLAB, R);
- Proven experience with GIS and remote sensing tools and libraries (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, GDAL, Ecognition, ERDAS, Gamma);
- Experience in image analytics using machine learning and AI (e.g. deep learning, predictive analytics, dimensionality reduction);
- Experience with big data handling and cloud computation for large scale production is a big advantage;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
GIS Specialisten offers internship opportunities to proactive GIS / GEO-ICT students. If you are a WO student who follows a Geo-Information Science (Masters) program or GIMA study and you are looking for an internship for a period of 6 to 9 months then contact us. It concerns a graduation internship and in order to successfully start the assignment it is necessary that the graduate is able to work independently and to report on this independently.
We offer a challenging work environment due to variations in projects and assignments, we also find support in personal growth very important. Do you have questions or interest? Then contact us. Acquisition on this vacancy (s) is not appreciated.
We are always looking for new colleagues. Do you enjoy challenging projects, do you have in-depth GIS knowledge and are you able to work independently? Send your resume and motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org There are opportunities for secondments as a self-employed person, on a project basis or as a permanent employee.
Our office is centrally located, but our customers are located throughout the Netherlands. Flexibility due to the location of our clients assignments is part of the work.